THE KIND OF JEWISH I AM 🇮🇱
- •I like gefilte fishThe kind that comes in a can is so much yummier than the kind that comes in a jar
- •I can read Hebrew at about a first grade level but I don't know what any of it means
- •I've had a lot of arguments with family about marrying within the religion(Not a priority for me)
- •I feel at home in a Jewish deli
- •I haven't observed Pesach in a few years and I feel 50% guilty about it
- •I get eye-rolly in synagogues but I also feel peaceful and nostalgic(But mostly eye-rolly)
- •I know all the fun Hebrew prayers and songs by heart but none of the boring onesThe one in the picture, Adon Olam, is fun because it can be sung to a bajillion different tunes (like Yankee Doodle)
- •My vocabulary is full of Yiddish words and phrases
- •The comedy CD "You Don't Have to Be Jewish" is the foundation of my sense of humorIt's so good. So good. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4aEHJTrscFmFhyWWyyOTGaE
- •The smell of Jewishy lox-and-bagels brunch is the most comforting and best thingNo capers or dill!!
- •I went to Jewish sleepaway camp for 1 summer and had an ok time
- •I LOVE Christmastime in a very un-ironic wayBut I don't celebrate it!
- •I don't keep kosher as an adult, but I've never eaten a pork chop in my life
- •I feel ??? about believing in God