THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Inspired by @kate81 // clearly I was a Jewish child with a brewing eating disorder 🙄
- •Kedem grape juice (in a Dixie cup)The under-21 wine substitute at all Jewish events until I was like 18
- •Challah from Shalom Bakery in Buffalo GroveTorn into chunks, not sliced! I used to dip it into my grape juice during snack time in preschool.
- •Weight Watchers frozen dessertsI wasn't allowed them but I'd sneak my mom's stash and eat them, still frozen, in the basement
- •Warm skim milk with cinnamon sugar and vanillaMy mom called it "warm vanilla milk" 😌
- •KixWe weren't allowed sugary cereal in my family, so this was as fun as cereal got
- •Lender's bagel with shredded cheese melted on topThe first meal I ever learned to make by myself! 25 seconds in the microwave!
- •Green applesTo be eaten with the bagels
- •SnackWell's cereal barsThey don't make them anymore. Good riddance.
- •Brown sugar cream of wheatWhy don't I eat this anymore? I used to love it
- •These depressing Weight Watchers "candy bars"The only "candy" in our house. I'd take teeny tiny bites to make them last longer.
- •Spinach stuffed pizza from SbarroMy favorite food court meal. 🙏🏼 RIP 🙏🏼
- •Juicy JuiceMy ❤️