Football and real life
What football soccer has taught me about life
- •There is never an ideal situation to play the gameYou have nagging injuries from previous games, teammates out of town, and maybe drank too much the night before ;) . You cannot ever plan for inconveniences or expect things to play out the way they were planned
- •Goalie is a very lonely position, the odd man out :pThe only player that can grab the ball with his hands. Maybe goalie is like being HR in a company.
- •It's better to be lucky than good.Sometimes you score an amazing goal unintentionally, and it feels amazing. You get recognize by everyone in both teams :)
- •Your rivals are not your enemies. The game ends after you step off the field.You might have a battle with a player from the opposing team and even bicker here and there. They are your rivals but not your enemies. It makes me think of lawyers in a court room. I'm sure that sometimes they even hook up and have some drinks together.
- •Feel free to add your own in the comments, I'd like to hear your own examples or embellish mine :)