SE7EN's 7 Common Grammatical Errors To Avoid
- 1.Don't write alotThe correct form is a lot
- 2.Don't confuse the contraction "it's" with the possessive "its"One is correctly it is and the other is a possible pronoun
- 3.Don't use loose when you mean loseWhen you lose your money, it is lost. However when you loosen your knot, it is not so tight and therefore loose. A tooth often becomes loose before you lose it
- 4.Don't confuse possessive forms with plural formsCompanies vs company's slogan
- 5.Don't confuse their, they're, and thereTheir is possessive, they're is contraction of they are, and there is a location
- 6.Don't confuse affect with effectAffect is a verb (I.e. The weather affects your mood) effect is a noun (I.e. The weather has an effect on your mood)
- 7.Don't confuse then and thanThen is used for time and than is used for comparison.