(Approx.) 30 Hours in Paris
So, I finally landed in Paris. Stayed for a little more than a day. Describing this city is hard. Immense is a good starting point. There's a lot I didn't do because of time constraints. In other words, I'll be back. Thank you @Lisa_Fav for helping me plan this trip. @list is a treasure trove for Paris travel.
- •Landed at CDG & headed straight to The Louvre.Side note. The immigration officer, the tourism help desk was super helpful. Getting to Louvre wasn't hard at all.
- •Almost Monday evening.Knew the museum would be shut on Tuesday & wanted to see at least the courtyard. I'll be spending hours inside this place & didn't want to rush it. So, didn't go inside.
- •Tuileries GardensI got a chance to take this picture. Sometimes you're the bird, sometimes..
- •Place de la ConcordeContinued on to this amazing square. So much happiness.
- •Champs-Elysees and Christmas MarketsCrepes, hot wine, lights. Can I please live here?
- •Arc de TriompheCan't miss this landmark. I wish I could go top. But..
- •I walked.All the way. Caught some landmarks on the way. Not some, quite a few. Diana's Memorial, Modern Art Museum..
- •The Eiffel TowerBehold.
- •Pont des ArtsNo love locks, of course. Spent time walking around the city. Le Marais is beautiful. Why would someone stop walking around these streets.
- •Notre Dame CathedralC'est magnifique.
- •Pompidou CentreAlas, it's a Tuesday. Pretty much like so many other places.
- •Versailles ChateauI couldn't find the end of the queue. That's how long it was. Couldn't enter.
- •MontmartreJust walking around. There's so much to see, so much to do.
- •Sacre CoeurSunset from the top. Paris looks pretty lighting up. The basilica is amazing. Sat inside for some time.
- •Moulin RougeLast stop for the day. No show. Just walked down here.
- •Pere Lachaise CemeteryLast stop before boarding the bus to Brussels. Oscar Wilde, Eugene Delacroix, Jim Morrison..