WAYS IN WHICH I SELF-MEDICATE (NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
Various ways I regulate mood and energy, listed.
- •Coffee in the morning, afternoon
- •Quarter tab of Adderall from the pile I got from a friend who didn't use it during her chemotherapy. (She's fine, by the way)
- •Red wine
- •Writing "Currently freaking out about:" at the top of a page and then listing all of the things relevant to that heading, then reading it and feeling slightly better.
- •Half a tab of the Adderall I made my assistant get for me by telling his doctor that his job "demanded concentration" and that he felt "less than" and "distracted."
- •White wine
- •Thinking about cocktail hour
- •Eating until tired
- •Re reading flattering emails. (Saved in a special folder in Dropbox)
- •Making elaborate schedules for future work sessions, rendering the current work session blow-off-able.
- •Saying "It'll all work out wonderful" aloud to myself in a soothing airline pilot voice.