WHAT I MISS ABOUT THE TWIN CITIES
We moved to Sanibel Island recently and I am still adjusting to what I left behind in MN
- •My friendsTexting, emailing, talking not quite the same
- •Walking through town and knowing virtually everyone
- •The Guthrie TheaterStill have season tickets just in case
- •Walker art centerEspecially the sculpture garden with the Frank Gehry fish and Spoonbill & Cherry
- •Progressive Minnesota politicsThe people who brought you Humphrey, Mondale, Franken & Klobuchar. Florida has Scott & Rubio, will never get used to them.
- •Lunch BunxhMonthly lunch group with 6 now way over 80 year old women who continue to move & shake in journalism, publishing, politics, art & volunteerism. All my mentors.
- •Monte Carlo bar & restaurant in downtown Mpls.Dark wood, classic bar, private booths, super cold martinis, top notch petit filet & Caesar
- •The panoramic view of Lake Minnetonka from the bench atop the Broadway hill in Wayzata
- •Biking on the Dakota TrailMiles and miles of rails to trails that runs through lakes, bays and towns. MN has best rails to trails system in the country.
- •Good doctoringPretty mediocre here in southwest Florida
- •The skyway
- •The U of M tunnel system