10 BOOKIE-WOOKS ME LIKEY
100% not changing this title. Inspired by @ListPrompts
- 1.Play It As It Lays, Joan Didion
- 2.Glamorama, Bret Easton EllisSupermodels become terrorists in a pre-9/11 (i.e. pre-Zoolander) satire.
- 3.Savage Night, Jim ThompsonInsane crime novel, with prose as ragged and desperate as its characters. The narrator is murdered at the end of book; the final sentence cuts of
- 4.Nine Stories, J.D. Salinger
- 5.Night Shift, Stephen King
- 6.A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again, David Foster Wallace
- 7.The Parker Series, Richard StarkCheating here. All 20-plus entries are masterworks of the crime genre, with meticulous yet seemingly easy plotting.
- 8.Junky, William S. Burroughs
- 9.The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, Philip K. Dick
- 10.Motherland Fatherland Homelandsexuals, Patricia LockwoodI'm not Johnny Poetry, so who knows how these poems stack up against the rest of modern verse. But Lockwood's bawdy inventiveness is like nothing I've ever read. Points too for pumping up Homeland like it was always going to be a thing(might still be, haven't kept up past S1).