A Look Inside My Second Japan Crate Monthly Subscription Box, or Why I'm Salty
Thanks for prodding me on this one, @marginally_amazing ! Hopefully people will still get the September references.
- •For September, Japan Crate switched things up.
- •There were a couple sweet options, like these bland shelled chocolates, Kagikko Choco.I give them 2 out of 9.
- •And from this packaging, I was ready for one of those flavor straws.
- •But it's gum, guys.Soda Gum, to be specific. A pretty intense grapefruit taste for about a minute, and then you're chewing spackle.
- •My heart was with the savory selections.Like these potato chips, a unique flavor I couldn't place. The catalog says "Black Pepper", but that hardly does them justice. Good thing this was just vending-machine size. I would destroy a big bag.
- •And these puff corn deals, Lucky Corn Puffs, just a toe over the sweet/salty divide.The real selling point here is the light glaze. Just enough sweetness.
- •Vol. 15 of the Japan Crate Manga-Zine celebrates JC's 2nd anniversary.🎉👕
- •This month the Manga is an RPG AdventureThey always work the contents of that month's crate into the story. Here, Anko and JC save a group of lucky corn fairies, who award them with a candy key. #whatsinyourwallet
- •A wounded familiar in the forest!
- •JC knows of "a tree made from pure sugar with cotton candy for leaves. People who were ill could find a cure within its branches."slow down
- •Here's what's going on in Japan this, er, last month.A historical Japanese fashion festival in Kyoto, and the Tokyo Game Show (the ComiCon of video games, sounds like) happened in Chiba.
- •The language section could be the most helpful in the long run.🌝
- •Also, there's this guy.hey buddy. (He's an Amuse Pote Usa bunny.)
- •This past month was all about the sodium, as far as Japan Crate and I are concerned. #2 was a bit of a comedown, but it's still a treat to find that red box at my door.Until next, er later this, month, 👋🏻🇯🇵📦