MOVIES I'VE NEVER SEEN, VOL. 1
I love movies. I wish I could see them all. But life, etc. Here's the first of perhaps a series of lists of movies I should see, either due to history, quality, or general popularity, but I just haven't:
- •Wall-EI have complicated feelings about Pixar and animated movies in general. Another list for another night.
- •Gone With the WindAn omission that's almost a calling card at this point. I once dated a much-older woman who WOULD NOT let go of my not having seen GWTW. Soon, swear.
- •Irma La DouceOne of the few widely-available Billy Wilder movies I haven't gotten to yet. Shirley MacLaine is a prostitute, Jack Lemmon is a cop, they're both Parisian.
- •Bridge on the River KwaiDon't look at me like that.
- •Ryan's DaughterDavid Lean, Robert Mitchum, no excuse.
- •Boondocks Saints II: All Saints DayMaybe if long black leather overcoats come back in style.
- •Fanny & AlexanderThis 10-hour family drama was supposed to be Ingmar Bergman's last film. Might be my last film of his to see, if this keeps up.
- •42nd SteeetClassic musical. Someday, baby.
- •Doctor DetroitThis was Dan Aykroyd's big solo comedy vehicle. He plays a white pimp, and I guess it's terrible? I hope to tell you.