MY ACCEPTABLE CELEBRITY DOPPELGÄNGER LIST
Thanks for the mellow Tuesday request, @BWN_7 !
- •I've been told I resemble three famous people. The first two I hard disagree:
- •Young Ronald ReaganNot even trying to get into the politics of it. Just, huh?
- •Liev SchrieberI think at one point we were both jowlier?
- •But these dudes are the doppelgängers I will allow:But watch yourself, McCoy . . .
- •Steve McQueen in BULLITTI bought a turtleneck I'm afraid to wear out of the house because of this motherfucker.
- •Marlon Brando in LAST TANGO IN PARISMiddle Forgotten Brando is the best Brando.
- •Daniel Craig in GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOOI had some of these sweaters before the movie came out. I have a lot more of these sweaters since the movie came out.
- •David Hemmings in BLOWUPThis is one of my favorite movies. Hemmings' style is almost too much (velvet blazer, white jeans, pointy half boots) but it's still dope. His arc in the movie, from overall amused skepticism evolving into committed belief into melancholy acceptance, is something I recognize a lot in my own life.
- •Chris Hardwick on At MidnightSuits up, jeans down, this is how we go to town.
- •Wes AndersonI'll never have long hair but those cord suits, and the ties are, as one says, one hundred. I bought a pair of Wallabees in inspiration.
- •Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 500 DAYS OF SUMMERJGL's wardrobe is the only enduring aspect of this movie, imo.
- •Lee Marvin in POINT BLANKI don't. And I won't ever. But it's acceptable.
- •Ed HarrisI feel like I have an EH phase on the way in twelve years.
- •Richard AyoadeAt times I think RA and other funny dudes try a little too hard to dress funny. But still, mostly awesome.
- •Michael Sheen as Wesley Snipes on 30 ROCKThe 3rd. A good friend of mine told me I remind her of MIchael Sheen "but only as Wesley Snipes." So specific. Such a dork. I'll take it.