🏀 MY UNUSED TUMBLRS, UNRANKED 🏀
(@aus10 this is my submission for Round 2.) Last year I thought I'd try to be a blogger. Among many platform options, I looked at tumblr. While ultimately I feel too old for it, I kept the app on my phone because it's so easy to create new tumblrs. Too easy. I have like 30 of them and they're all just blank slates sitting there. Here's some:
- •xpresidentsA bid to expand my Point Break Reference Brand™ beyond List App. My chosen title was "The Ex-Presidents Rob Banks to Finance the Endless Summer", but the character limit cut off at "Endless". Fate is not the road, but the intersection.
- •dontlookmeowIn reference to the movie DON'T LOOK NOW. Defiantly uncatlike.
- •xyzsweatersInspired by the references I make to sweaters on List App. Incidentally, I owe sweater list requests like some guys owe child support.
- •handsomeslacksThe Ziglets font makes this the sleeper on the list.
- •vanillamissionaryI don't know what I'm trying to say here.
- •obscureromancenovelsThis was supposed to be excerpts from "obscure" (i.e. made- up) old bodice-rippers. I wrote one, but it's basically Miss Havisham's wedding cake over there.
- •passwordfatigueA cry for help.
- •jesuiscinemaSo I'm that guy, now.
- •cinemasidepieceThe side piece chicken? Have a drumstick, your brain stops tickin'?
- •fassbinder-cigaretteThis was a viable mini-blog idea. Each post would be about a prop in a movie. A reason to exist, an excuse to be brief. But I named it after German actor/writer/director Rainer Werner Fassbinder, who smokes like a fish, but isn't necessarily the figurehead of film props. If I can't even pick a good example for the title, maybe I should stay packed. Trains leave on the hour.
- •evernotechatsThis was just going to be cut-and-pastes of Evernote chat correspondence between me and a friend. Sorry, that description just gave me a micro-nap.
- •auntfromuncleWith the failure of the (underrated, imo) MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. movie, this is questionable SEO.