Nice picks, @nathanveshecco
- •Cop ShowsA versatile blank slate on which we have drawn THE WIRE, CAGNEY & LACEY, HOMICIDE, TRUE DETECTIVE, LAW & ORDER, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, and countless others. Any kind of story you have to tell can be told with cops.
- •Kristen WiigSpeaking of versatile, KWiigs can play it all, from her singular absurdity on SNL to no-frills drama in THE SKELETON TWINS. Her work in A DEADLY ADOPTION, that fake Lifetime movie she did with Will Ferrell, was perfect, as if she had been doing Lifetime movies for years.
- •EspressoIt's the little cups.
- •Stephen KingHe's had his lows. And he's been pretty overexposed as a pop culture personality in recent years. But SK writes great characters, and creates fully-realized worlds I want to step into and never leave (which is the premise of 11/22/63). King is still doing it, even though he doesn't need to, just for the love. All the respect.
- •Giving Someone The FingerI feel like you've left us. But you are welcome back anytime, motherfucker.