So 2017, Here's What I'm Thinking:
(I won't call them "goals" or "resolutions", but here's what I'm soft-committing to do, during you:
- •Write a screenplayBeen a while. He's a little rusty, folks. Best stand back.
- •Submit three short stories to publicationsWhy does this stress® me out so much
- •Get a lens attachment for my phone and really do this photography thing.I suppose using a legit camera would really be "really doing" photography but like, lay off, jack.
- •Go on 12 datesThey don't have to lead to anything or even be fun but I have to approach a human woman and ask her out and actually go out and be a good sport about the process, maximum 12 times. (Worried here that I'm not projecting my full-on, no-game-having dating anxiety)
- •Relight the fuse in the powder keg that is my regular yoga practice.It brings me so much contentment, why don't I do it more often? Because doing things is harruuhdddd. I did some last night, and I'm pretty flexible (assuming a baseline of zero flexibility) but I need work and a class environment.
- •Move my blog to Squarespace, and write 3 movie reviews a monthJust three!
- •Other creative projects that would be better to talk about post-doing them.This list boils down to: do things. I didn't really do things off li.st this year. I just sort of lived. I want to change that.
- •I eat too many sweets. Gotta figure something out.I referenced something about this in a New Year's Resolution list last year, and made zero changes.
- •Stop checking my phone when I get in my car/when I arrive somewhere.I developed this habit along with starting on li.st. It reminds me of when I used to smoke. I think I'm using free time, and at the end of the day I have no time.
- •Take an improv classBrave New Workshop is a Minneapolis institution of which I've never taken advantage.
- •Take a trip somewhereMaybe a list meet-up?
- •Write a movie/music/TV/Lit list once a week.And others, but I gotta hit that marker.
- •Do a puzzle roomI'm just playing jazz at this point