Reasons John Mayer Should Sing at My Wedding 9/4/16
Great music by @john
- •When I was 13 a girl named Ashley called and played No Such Thing to me through her older sister's car radio. She knew I would love it. Before going off to summer camp 2002, I purchased the Room for Squares CD at Barnes and Noble in Sherman Oaks and played it on my Sony Walkman all summer long. I still have that copy.
- •When I returned from camp I bought Inside Wants Out and awaited the release of whatever came next.
- •I remember when my father picked me up a copy of Heavier Things when I was 15 in 2003. I sat at my bedroom desk at my parents house, unwrapped the CD and played it on the same Sony Walkman with my headphones on. Track 1 Clarity was a great way to kick off the new collection.
- •While the original Ashley moved on, a new Ashley became a close friend. We bonded over music (she was more of a Jason Mraz fan) and we started dating a few years later at age 16.
- •A couple years later, at 19 in 2007, Ashley and I attended Where the Light Is together, and somehow I won a raffle at Nokia Theater for a signed poster - 1 prize out of the thousands of attendees in the building.
- •We also attended the Annual Holiday Revue the following year 2008 when we were both 20. Adele (also 20) opened for @john after her release of debut album 19.
- •11 years into our relationship, on 9/4/16, she is the girl I'll be marrying. I give his music a significant amount of credit for how this all panned out.
- •A few years ago when I was in Vegas @john was in a cabana at XS and his security wouldn't let me in. He came out and we chatted about our mutual acquaintances (Nina T. And Her son Matt) and after explaining - in detail - how much his music meant to me (I had always imagined how I'd thank him) he suggested we take a picture together. Excellent.
- •I plan on having whatever band we hire sing several of his songs. Nothing beats the real thing.
- •I have a copy of most of his released CDs including a German mini disc of a Kid-A cover and the original Inside Wants Out CD released by Aware (black cover).
- •We were both included in the beta release of this app. Somehow our social circles overlap enough that were both a part of this small community.
- •This would be the single greatest addition to the best day of my life. Think about it. Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, 9/4/16. Food, drinks, and friendship will be provided.
- •Get in the mix @john we're less than 3mo away@john 2 months, can I put you down for Love is a Verb for a walk down the aisle? Free meal?
- •I'll add more as they come to me...
- •@john I thrive in your mentions