Drain the Swamp?: Trump Picks So Far (And Some Fun Facts)
Key: (B) stands for Billionaire. (E) Evil. (C) Crazy.
- •Linda McMahon, World Wrestling Entertainment cofounder, for Small Business Administration (B) (C)Fun fact: Along with her husband Vince McMahon, one of the Trump campaign's foremost donors during August and September
- •Stephen Mnuchin, Hollywood financier and Goldman Sachs alum, for Treasury Secretary (E)Fun fact: Ran bank OneWest for six years, foreclosed on 36,000 people, and sold the bank for a personal gain of $200 million
- •Ben Carson, neurosurgeon who believes Joseph built Egypt's pyramids to store grain, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (C)Fun fact: Nancy Pelosi affectionately refers to him as "a disconcerting and disturbingly unqualified choice."
- •Scott Pruitt, Oklahoma AG and vocal climate change denier, to lead E.P.A. (E) (C)Fun fact: The world will be over in 5 years
- •Jeff Sessions, Alabama Senator with vocally obstructionist stances on Latinos, African Americans, Muslims, women, and LGBTQ people, for Attorney General (E)(C)Fun fact: Referred to the NAACP and other civil rights groups as un-American groups that "force civil rights down the throats of people" and said he thought the KKK was "OK" until he found out their members smoked pot
- •Betsy DeVos, billionaire that has never attended public school and has spent millions lobbying for taxpayer dollars to go unregulated private charter schools, for Secretary of Education (B)Fun fact: Married to the heir apparent of Amway
- •Mike Pompeo, advocate of the bulk collection of Americans' domestic calling records, for CIA Director (E)Fun fact: "His positions on mass surveillance have been rejected by federal courts and have been the subject of several lawsuits filed by the ACLU.” - ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero
- •Mike Flynn, former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency that believes Shariah law is on the rise in the U.S. and Tweets statements such as "Fear of Muslims is RATIONAL", for White House National Security Adviser (E) (C)Fun fact: Just look up #Pizzagate
- •Elaine Chao, for Transportation Secretary (E)Fun fact: Made a cool $1.2 million while overseeing Wells Fargo as a director during the period when they were creating fake accounts. Also is Mitch McConnell's wife??
- •Wilbur Ross, private equity firm manager and chief architect of Trump's NAFTA criticism, for Commerce Secretary (B) (E)Fun fact: Once bailed out Trump in Atlantic City
- •Nikki Haley, South Carolina Governor with no foreign policy experience, for Ambassador to the U.N.Fun Fact: Believes that marriage is between "one man and one woman"
- •Tom Price, vocal Planned Parenthood opponent, for Department of Health and Human Services (E)Fun fact: The New York Times editorial board called the Price choice "radical" and said it indicated that Trump would "systematically weaken or demolish the nation's health care safety net.”
- •Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobile, for Secretary of State (E)Fun fact: No experience working in government or as a diplomat, but has done enormous deals with Vladimir Putin and was presented with the "Order of Friendship" by Putin in 2013
- •General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, retired legendary 4-star Marine General, for Defense SecretaryFun fact: Honestly, just sounds like a really cool guy?
- •Rick Perry, former Texas Governor that famously could not recall the name of the third department that he would eliminate as President on a primary debate stage in 2012 - the same Energy Department that he will now lead, for Energy Secretary (C) (E)Fun fact: Family-owned ranch is called "Ni**erhead"
- •David M. Friedman, bankruptcy lawyer and supporter of West Bank settlements, for Ambassador to Israel (C)Fun fact: oh boy
- •Vincent Viola, billionaire owner of Florida Panthers and army vet, for Army Secretary (B)Fun fact: founder of electronic trading firm Virtu Financial
- •Andrew Puzder, CEO of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's, for Secretary of Labor (C)Fun fact: Opposes $15 minimum wage