Examples of Donald Trump's Psychological Projection (and Hypocrisy)
"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude."
- •Exploiting undocumented immigrants as a developer and running a decidedly anti-immigrant campaign when his wife is a Slovenian immigrant
- •Accusing the media of bias when his campaign is paying surrogates to derail negative segments about him on CNN (https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/10/14/video-cnn-has-trump-surrogate-problem/213824)
- •Accusing Hillary of attacking Bill's accusers and silencing their stories when Trump has done exactly that to every woman that has accused him of sexual misconduct these past few weeks
- •Portraying himself as a man of the people and Hillary as the embodiment of special interests when he has made an entire career out of benefiting from special interests at the expense of actual taxpayers
- •Referring to Hillary as a "racist" and "bigot" who sees people of color merely as votes when he has habitually co-opted alt-right invective about the threat of minorities in this country throughout the span of his campaign, said the Central Park Five are still guilty post exoneration, & attempted to pander to black voters with Don King as a prop
- •Saying that the Clinton Foundation was "criminal" when the Trump Foundation lacked the certification necessary to solicit money from the public and was recently ordered to stop fundraising by the N.Y. AG's office
- •Calling himself the "law and order candidate" when he said if he wins he would use his authority to put Hillary in jail, in stark contrast to our most fundamental democratic traditions
- •Accusing Hillary of being the devil during the second debate when... well you already know the rest...