AMERICAN SWEETS/CHOCOLATE I'VE HAD RANKED BY HOW DISAPPOINTING THEY WERE
conclusion: the U.S has great chocolate bar ideas but can't execute any of them successfully because their choc tastes overly sweet & kinda bland. AMERICA: I AM GENUINELY CONCERNED THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW PROPER CHOCOLATE TASTES. come to England or go to Belgium or Switzerland where your tastebuds will delight in the joys of beautiful chocolate! 🍫
- 11.Heaththe least disappointing of the lot: I was excited by the words "English toffee" and it wasn't that bad, but still nothing compared to actual English toffee!
- 10.Red Vinesbetter than Twizzlers by a mile! but still didn't have a huge amount of flavour.. you guys need to try our proper strawberry laces- soooo yummy and fruity!
- 9.Milk Dudshahaha when we were road tripping across California I bought these but then they all melted into a lump... so of course I put it in the toilet of our RV and pretended that I had blocked up the loo so my dad thought he'd have to unblock it 😏 ANYWAY these were alright, though we have something similar in England called Poppets which are super yummy
- 8.Hershey's Cookies'n'Cremethis looked exciting because you'd never find a bar like this in England, and I thought it was a good ratio and like the cookie bits, but still would have been ten times better if the chocolate was better quality and not so overwhelmingly sweet!
- 7.Oh! HenryI loved the retro packaging and colours but that's all I loved about it
- 6.Hershey's Kissesjust SO BORING. everyone brings these back when they go to America and they always hang around for ages afterwards cos no one likes them
- 5.Butterfingerthis was alright but didn't really satisfy my desire for a chocolate fix.. it's was mega sweet but in a really artificial way
- 4.Baby Ruthpeanuts, chocolate, nougat, caramel.. what could go wrong?! apparently a lot as this bar was super bland
- 3.Hershey's Miniaturesthe variety held so much promise, but unfortunately none of the little bars lived up to it.
- 2.Twizzlerstastes like grainy banana sticks. my housemate was raving about these and begged me to bring some back for her when I went to America. when I tried them I became very concerned for the state of her tastebuds.
- 1.Cadbury Dairy Milk (American version)after trying loads of disappointing chocolate I thought I'd finally satisfy my chocolate craving with good old Cadbury.. a British chocolatier that I know and love (I made frequent trips to Cadbury World in Bournville when I was studying in Birmingham) HOWEVER apparently they make it in America using a different recipe!! NOT COOL! almost cried. had great potential- and this is what makes them the most disappointing.