MY "IMAGINARY" FRIEND
This is the true story of when I realized my childhood imaginary friend was actually a ghost! Also doubles as a good campfire story
- •So before my parents had my youngest sibling, we lived in a apartment and I would always play with this girl named Sarah.
- •She was my best friend and we would play barbies together and she would come with me everywhere- my parents said that they would always notice me talking Sarah. Even if they couldn't hear any responses from her when we were talking, I have very vivid memories of having conversations with her.
- •SIDE NOTE - I didn't know this at the time, but my mother was 10 weeks pregnant (and not showing at all) with my brother and one day....
- •We were in the car and all of the sudden 4 year old me said"Where are we going?" "The doctor." "To check on the baby? Sarah told me you're having a boy."
- •My mom was shocked. My dad and her had made a point to not tell me until later that day because
- •We weren't going to get ice cream, we were going to the doctor to find out if her baby was a boy or girl. (It was a boy!)
- •I remember Sarah telling me this, and a lot of other things. She was 10. The day we were leaving the apartment and moving to the new house, I was in the bathroom and there she was. Standing there, in a collared dress with her short blonde hair, staring at me. Then she vanished.
- •And I never saw her again