Top 6 Reasons Boba Fett Is the Most Overrated Character of All Time
In honor of the upcoming release of Episode VII, I revisit a grudge I've held since I was 12.
- •HIS ORIGINSFirst, he makes his debut in the fucking Star Wars Christmas Special; this dude was destined to suck. Then, we get the execrable prequels show us his actual origin in the Star Wats universe: Oh, so he's the unaltered clone of a random dude we'd never heard of before. Hard to take the adult version seriously after seeing him play video games in his dad's ship and later on cradle his decapitated head.
- •HE DOES NO ACTUAL BOUNTY HUNTINGHe doesn't do anything more than make a lucky guess as to how the Millennium Falcon escaped, then just directly follows them. He doesn't even personally fight or outwit or capture Han; he dimes the Empire and then calls dibs on Darth Vader's leftovers.
- •HE DOES NO FIGHTING AT ALL, ACTUALLYAside from taking a few pot shots at Luke, he doesn't actually contribute to any battles. He uses his jetpack a couple of times, big whoop.
- •HIS DEMISE IS PATHETICHow does he finally meet his doom? A blind, disoriented Han Solo, completely unaware of Boba Fett'a presence, accidentally bashes his jetpack, causing that shoddily made piece of equipment to fire up, ramming him head-first into Jabba's sail barge and subsequently sending him clattering into the sarlacc's awaiting maw in the Great Pit of Carkoon. So, essentially Boba Fett is the villain in a Mr. Magoo cartoon.
- •THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE WILL NOT SAVE HIMBringing up the EU was never an effective argument to begin with, but now that it's been invalidated, it is entirely inadmissible.
- •IN CONCLUSION: BOBA FETT BLOWS, PERIODThis is an undeniable fact. The evidence could not be more conclusive, no matter how cool his armor looks.