EACH NIGHT OF HANUKKAH AS AN EMOJI AND WHY
- •😏Teeeeheeeee it's starting! Can't wait to see my prezzies. But also, can't wait to feel that sweet Jewish feeling.
- •☺️Aww this holiday is so nice! Really feel like I'm a part of something bigger than myself. I love lighting candles, I don't even care about presents.
- •🔯Wow we are so Jewish. Listen to our voices, singing this prayer just like some other, older Jewish people. Huh. Organized religion is pretty weird...should I bring up Israel soon? Maybe wait until hannukah is over? Hmmm
- •😯I didn't even want to come downstairs tonight. Why do we have to do this? Why can't we get a Christmas tree for aesthetic reasons? I'm not saying we have to celebrate Christmas, I just love the smell of fresh pine!
- •👋Okay at this point hannukah is just some capitalist nonsense. I don't want my parents to feel pressure to get us something everyday, that's way too much! Let's all just take a breather tonight. Update: there typically is a night where my family entirely forgets to do hannukah and I wouldn't be surprised if it's this one.
- •💆🏼Who am I? Am I a Zionist? What even is the miracle of hannukah? Do I even know what this prayer means? What's the story with organized religion?
- •🌚Menorahs get prettier and prettier with each passing night! Can't believe the holiday is almost over. Wow. Next year in Jerusalem (jk...that's a Passover joke!)
- •💫Shalom, Hannukah. You've been lit.