Dranks for Nondrinkers
Every occasion in adult life is basically a drinking occasion, but sometimes you don't drink. Have this stuff instead …
- •Club soda with lime or lemonThe quintessential non-drinker party drank. It tastes good, there's no sugar, dead simple to pour at a crowded bar, and all those jackasses who hound you about not drinking will think it's a vodka soda. Meanwhile you're delightfully hydrated and don't have to answer stupid questions about your life choices from jackasses.
- •Bitters and sodaBitters typically are alcoholic, but you're only getting a few dashes here (like 4 or so) — less than what's in a (gross) non-alcoholic beer. You can't taste the booze, it won't get you wasted, and a lot of nice bars carry pretty interesting bitters these days. Also, this is good for a tummy ache or a hangover.
- •Ginger beerIf the bar sells a Moscow Mule, ask for a ginger beer. Best soda everrrrrr. You can even ask for it in a ridic copper mug, if you want, but that shit is unnecessary IMHO.
- •Fruit-based fancy dranksAny of those signature cocktails that involve berries muddled by some bearded bartender bro in suspenders taste just fine without the booze. They're basically just a nice juice spritzer with some spirits anyway. Always tip generously for these, they're a bitch to make.
- •Virgin mojitoIf you want something refreshing and DGAF about sugar, this shit is delicious. I live in Miami, where out-of-towners always want these, so I play along often. Again, tip your face off. Muddling is shit work.
- •Virgin MaryYou know what's great? A fucking Bloody Mary. You know why? It's a liquid meal — with or without vodka.
- •Martinelli's Sparking apple cider!!!💃🏽💯💃🏽Suggested by @shanaz
- •I don't see Shirly Temple on this list. That's my jam-- extra grenadine. (Because I'm 8)Suggested by @hollytmoore