Great walks in Miami
I like walking, and here are some walks I love in my city. Tell me more.
- •Miami BeachIf you like beach walks we have plenty of sand. I've walked everywhere from Haulover to South Pointe, just not all at once. I like to take out-of-towners on walks from wherever we had lunch or dinner on South Beach down to South Pointe Park. Be sure to admire our quirky lifeguard stands.
- •WynwoodStart on 2nd Ave and 29th St and walk up and down the blocks through 22nd or so to admire some of the best street art anywhere.
- •Coconut GroveI like to start at Kennedy Park and then walk up Bayshore to Macfarlane and over on Main to the Barnacle. I stay on the water as much as possible during this walk to enjoy the bay and the sailboats.
- •MorningsideI usually start at the park, walk around there to look at Biscayne Bay, and then wind through the neighborhood to admire the historic houses and big Banyans. Great neighborhood.
- •Larry and Penny Thompson ParkThis is my every day walk near my house. I walk up the Black Creek Trail from 200th, north of 184th and into the park by the Army reserve base. Swing around the lake and back down 127th. It's a beautiful walk through the pine rocklands and I tend to see lots of birds.