IF YOU WANT TO DYE YOUR HAIR RED:
A year ago I took the plunge and haven't looked back.
- •Know what kind of red you want and bring a picture for gods sake. There's a lot of reds out there. Here are some reds I've liked. Side note--if anyone wants good red/general hair ideas I have so many pics saved it's a weird compulsion
- •Go a few shades more intense than you actually want because it will fade so fast. This was the first red I ever did and it was back to dishwater blonde in no time. Now when I dye it we just go R.A.F. (Red as fuck)
- •Speaking of fading, it will come out in the shower and look like you're bleeding to death. Don't be alarmed and don't use nice towels whatever you do.
- •It will be extremely polarizing. It will be someone's favorite thing--or not. My parents casually try to get me to go back blonde on the regs.
- •Actors edition: you'll be the "other choice." Like, they'll bring in one or two reds just in case they don't go blonde
- •Other redheads will acknowledge you like you're part of a small club together (and you'll lie and tell them it's natural)
- •Because of how quickly it fades you're going to become BFF w/ dry shampoo. @Lilysaltz has an extensive list available about this!
- •If you're naturally blonde like me you gotta make those brows darker as a ging
- •The more you dye it the more it will stick. So keep on keeping on!