Things That Make Me Uncomfortable
Inspired by @biz The general theme seems to be I don't want an audience.
- •Holding a crying baby in front of his or her parentsI'm torn between trying harder to soothe their baby to give them a break or just handing the child back--indicating that I failed.
- •Talking on the phone in front of someone.I can have a business conversation on the phone with no problem…until my boss or a patron is listening. Then my nouns and verbs disappear.
- •Walking into the Admin section of the libraryHate it. I avoid it as much as possible. Everyone is nice in there. I just feel woefully inadequate.
- •Speaking in a meetingJust pretend like I'm not here. I signed the sheet. That should be enough.
- •When my boss quotes anything from Fox NewsAnd I'm a conservative person. But I sure don't take anything from Fox News as gospel truth like he does.
- •Driving with someone unfamiliar as my passengerI feel like they are judging my every move, which you would think would make me more careful. It generally makes me more likely to do something stupid.
- •Killing bugsI want them dead, but I don't want to do it.
- •Typing with an audienceMy fingers have a mind of their own when someone is near and watching me type. Good God, especially if they are behind me. Then all bets are off.
- •Praying out loudI have meaningful conversations with God. In my head. Please don't ask me to bless the food, start the prayer circle, or pray aloud with you. I will most certainly pray in my heart, though. Guaranteed.
- •Being home alone with a repairmanThat's how people get killed, right? I will keep my mom on the phone with me however long it takes.
- •Parking garagesThese are more like a phobia. But I get uncomfortable if they are even mentioned as a good idea for parking. No, they are not!