Thoughts on Christmas Music
Because you deserve better than Rudolph.
- •Charlie Brown Christmas is really all you need. Keep that in steady rotation.
- •Don't listen to the radio station playing "Christmas favorites" 24/7. To listen to them, you'd think there was nothing but Jungle Bell Rock.
- •Jazz and classical should be your baseline.
- •With a few exceptions, if it's got a synthesizer, it's not Christmas music.
- •I am the hugest Beatles fan, but McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime is crap and you are excused from listening to it. Same with the Lennon thingy. Yoko ruined the Beatles. There's no reason to let her ruin your Christmas too.
- •Old records from the 50s and 60s had some really fun Christmas ditties.