Healthy Breakfast Stuff You Can Make at Home
For @esther who I send photos of my breakfast to always
- •Avocado toastAdd pink salt, lemon, red pepper flakes in that order, a drop of olive oil in between the avocado and the bread if that's your vibe. I like Mestemacher rye bread cause it looks medieval and is really thin and slightly sour. Scrambled eggs can accompany. So can watercress, arugula, or dandelion greens.
- •Bircher muesliWhy is this everywhere in Europe and Asia and practically nonexistent here? Idgi. Soak raw oats and chia seeds in almond milk overnight, cut up a green apple or two into a size your blender can handle, blend with a pitted date, tiny bit of pink salt, but only until everything is consistent in texture. You still want it kinda chunky. Top with banana slices, goji berries, chopped pecans, berries, bee pollen, etcetera.
- •Acai bowlBuy frozen packets of acai, blend with any of the following: apple juice, almond milk, coconut milk, dates, banana, berries, spinach. Top with granola, bee pollen, banana slices, passion fruit seeds. Serve in a cut open coconut if you are an overachiever.
- •Simple green juiceBlend green apples, lemon, spinach, ginger, water/coconut water, and ice cubes and strain through a nut milk bag. Or juice those things with a juicer. Or don't strain it and drink it thick. Add supplements and green powder as you desire/can tolerate.
- •Strawberry banana smoothieBlend strawberries, bananas (I prefer if one or the other is frozen but not both), coconut meat, maca powder, almond milk, coconut water, almonds/almond butter. This is really reliant on how good the strawberries are so get nice ones. Also frozen and more banana = more creaminess.
- •RawnolaMake your own granola with a Vitamix or Blendtec, warning it's kind of addictive. Blend pitted dates, raw oats, dried shredded coconut, and pink salt. Break into pieces, quickly put in freezer about ten minutes or refrigerate. Have it with almond milk or use as a topping for muesli or smoothies.
- •Purely Elizabeth granola as cerealThis is just my favorite one. Avail at Amazon, Erewhon, Whole Foods
- •Fruit and banana milk bowlCut up fruit of your choice into small pieces, put in bowl. Blend bananas and water and use this as milk. Top with rawnola, chopped nuts, bee pollen, mulberries, whatever you want really.
- •Bunch of watermelonMy favorite in the summer. Or blend with ice cubes, strain out seeds to have it as juice.