Stupidest things people have said about track
- •"Don't tire yourself out!"One teammate yelled this to another during the 100 m dash. The 100m dash.
- •"Track isn't a sport"Track isn't A sport; track is THE ORIGINAL sport. Anyone who says this can't run.
- •"Ew! You're sweaty!"This was said by a sprinter to a distance runner when the sprinter hugged the distance runner after the 2 mile... Yeah, you might sweat a bit if you ran more than 100 m
- •"Are there going to be hills?"The new kid on the team to the captain.
- •"Does getting spiked hurt?"Nope! I love having a quarter inch metal spike driven into my knee at the start of an 800!
- •"Why do you run?"Good question... But I also have a ton of answers (sometimes)