Noncommittal responses to argumentative people
the Art of Pretending to Listen
- •That's quite a statement, friend. I like boldness!
- •I'm starting to get a picture.
- •You've already done the thinking. Please handle this for me.
- •You don't say?!
- •You've given me a lot to think about. Let me digest this.
- •You may be on to something.
- •Let's get some other people involved. Who were you thinking about?
- •I hear you!
- •Wow! Who knew?
- •You seem very committed to this.
- •Your argument appears quite comprehensive.
- •These situations can be difficult.
- •I've heard that from some other sources, as well.