16 Things You Need to Know About Mr Chow Opening at Caesars Palace (as Told by Eater Vegas)!
Check the full story here: http://vegas.eater.com/2015/11/11/9712554/16-things-you-need-to-know-about-mr-chow
- 1.Usually the host of a big group does the ordering.
- 2.Patrice Rozat, who was the general manager of Mr Chow in Miami for two and a half years and the director of operations for Mr Chow Enterprises for two years, will be general manager.
- 3.Kam Kwan Chee, the former executive Chinese chef of the Atlantis Hotel Bahamas, will be the executive chef.
- 4.Beijing duck, fried Gambei seaweed and Mr Chow noodles are among the favorite dishes on the menu.
- 5.The space features a main room, outdoor patios and three private dining room, all overlooking the Garden of the Gods pools.
- 6.All together, 177 can dine here.
- 7.A sculpture in the main dining room sits inside the dome of the former Empress Court.
- 8.Chow says that “it opens and closes with lighting. It keeps on changing not just color but different shapes, so very sculptural.”
- 9.A champagne lounge on the first floor opens to the casino.
- 10.Two elevators whisk guests upstairs.
- 11.Mr Chow is known for its champagne cart, but the lounge, a first for Chow, features champagnes by the glass, including Dom Perignon.
- 12.Chow says he “had five opportunities to open restaurants here, but each time there was a problem.”
- 13.That last issue was at the Harmon Hotel, which MGM Resorts never opened and just tore down.
- 14.Chow opened his first restaurant in London almost 48 years ago.
- 15.He left China, and his family, at age 12, when he moved to London.
- 16.“I always had this desire to communicate between the west and east, so the restaurants became self-appointed ambassadors to create the culture.”