My Favorite Las Vegas-based Nonprofit Organizations
We have sooooo many wonderful nonprofits to get involved with. Here are my favorites.
- •Core Academywww.core-academy.org || Core Academy powered by The Rogers Foundation believes all children have the right to reach their full potential and pursue individual success. The mission is to strengthen character, build brilliant minds and create brighter futures for our community's most under-resourced youth.
- •The Centerwww.thecenterlv.org || The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada supports and promotes activities directed at furthering the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the LGBTQ community, its allies, and low to moderate income residents in Southern Nevada.
- •HELP of Southern Nevadawww.helpsonv.org || HELP is a premiere community resource in the Las Vegas Valley. The organization has grown exponentially and includes four cornerstones: Housing, Emergency services, Life skills and Prevention. Within these four cornerstones there are a myriad of services and programs designed to assist those seeking self-sufficiency in our community.
- •Aid for AIDS of Nevadawww.afanlv.org || AFAN provides support and advocacy for adults and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS in Southern Nevada. They work to reduce HIV infection through prevention education to eliminate fear, prejudice and the stigma associated with the disease.
- •The Rogers Foundationwww.therogers.foundation || The Rogers Foundation awards scholarships to individual students in as well as grants to educational institutions, artists & organizations that support the arts in Southern Nevada.
- •Educate Nevada Now!www.educatenevadanow.com || ENN is a non-partisan coalition of education stakeholders whose mission is to bring equity to the distribution of Nevada State educational funding. ENN's membership is comprised of education groups, teachers, community organizations, parents and students across the state. The reform of the state education funding will ensure that all of Nevada's children receive the same educational opportunities regardless of location of wealth of the community.