Things You Need Promptly After Returning From a Vacation
Because my San Fran weekend had me all unprepared for Monday.
- •An extra day off.Getting back home just hours before your Monday morning work day is hell. Take the extra day off to get organized before jumping back into your routine.
- •Coffee.I got a coffee on the late night plane ride home. But I should've had someone greet me at the airport with Starbucks so I could wake up for the drive home and get things done before going to bed.
- •Sleep.It might contradict the coffee, but no amount of caffeine could keep me from dreamland. A good sleep is so necessary after a vacation.
- •A to-do list.When you get home, make a to-do list. Don't go overboard, but it'll help you prioritize for the next day when you're wishing you were still on vacation.
- •Another trip to look forward to.Don't feel like it's the only vacation or time off you have for the next 5 years. Already have your next destination in mind and you'll be more motivated to work toward it.
- •Netflix and chill.Good any time of the week, but it really is the best way to decompress after traveling.
- •Playtime with your pet.I was so so so excited to see my dog. If you don't have a pet, get one.