THE 5 MOST UPSETTING THINGS ABOUT THE TODAY SHOW'S PEANUTS PARODY
This past Friday, as a part of what I can only assume was some attempt at cross promotion, the cast of NBC's Today celebrated an early Halloween dressed as the Peanuts. The result was perhaps the most inexplicably horrifying moment of live television since the Challenger disaster in 1986. LINK: https://twitter.com/todayshow/status/66007641355118
- 1.Meredith VieiraMeredith isn't even on Today anymore. Why put her through this, hasn't she been through enough? If co-hosting a morning show with Matt Lauer for 5 years wasn't enough punishment for a lifetime, NBC covers her in dirt and and fake hippo ears.
- 2.Kathie Lee GiffordThis really is the stuff of nightmares. Can Kathie Lee even breathe? I hope she can breathe? Is this paint toxic?
- 3.Al RokerOne on hand, I applaud the colorblind casting of Charlie Brown. On the other hand, it looks like someone melted Al Roker.
- 4.Carson DalyCarson Daly is still on television.
- 5.The fact that this went through weeks of pitching, meetings, planning and rehearsal and at no point did an executive producer think that this might not be the best idea for a Halloween showThis must've taken a lot of effort and time from (presumably) smart people. Yet still, this came across so poorly executed. From the dancing, to the sound issues, to the stepping over of lines, to the seething contempt that half of the hosts fail to keep internal, this was an irrefutable mess.