Books I Distinctively Remember Reading in Summer
Inspired by @NutraSweetCaroline. Most of these were during school and college breaks.
- •The Red Badge of CourageStephen Crane - I was required to read this before freshman year at Ohio State.
- •I Know What You Did Last SummerLois Duncan - In the minivan en route to Hilton Head with the family.
- •The Rules of AttractionBret Easton Ellis - I got severely burned reading this in the back yard. 😡
- •The Black DahliaJames Ellroy - Instead of being a helpful librarian. 📚
- •Gone GirlGillian Flynn - Unprofessionally long lunch breaks at Discover Card. 💳
- •American GodsNeil Gaiman - On the beach in Sarasota.
- •Mr. MercedesStephen King - At my pool right before selling my condo.
- •Batman: The Long HalloweenJeph Loeb & Tim Sale - Start to finish in the family room.
- •The Last of the SavagesJay McInerney - Walmart break room. 😱
- •TwilightStephenie Meyer - Guarding the front gate at the Ohio History Museum. 🍎
- •Y: The Last ManBrian K. Vaughan & Pia Guerra - Eating lots of Pizza Hut in the Target break room (a major upgrade from Wally World). 🎯