I'm alone in my appreciation.
- •The AvengersNot the Marvel movie, not the classic spy series, but the movie BASED on the classic spy series.
- •The Black DahliaThe book upon which it's based is well liked, but only the ill-fated title character played by Mia Kirshner received any praise in Brian De Palma's film adaptation.
- •American LifeOne of Madonna's angrier albums is somewhat of a forgotten gem, save for the polarizing "Die Another Day."
- •Batman and RobinOkay, maybe I just really like Uma Thurman. I realize how stupid this movie is, but she's a great Poison Ivy.
- •Cougar TownThe title is part of the problem.
- •The New Adventures of Old ChristineRemember the one that isn't Seinfeld or Veep? She won an Emmy for that one too.
- •HerculesNever lumped in with the classic era of Disney animation, but it was my gateway to Greek Mythology.
- •HawkeyeThough he had an acclaimed series, the character of Clint Barton just doesn't receive the same respect that the other superheroes get.
- •CatsHugely popular (and back on Broadway!!!), but derided by theatre snobs. My first musical experience is still one of my favorites.
- •StardustNeil Gaiman's fans don't seem to embrace the book or movie the way they did with The Sandman and American Gods.
- •Fatal InstinctA spoof of erotic thrillers starring Sean Young as the femme fatale. It's the role she was born to play!
- •The Rules of AttractionIt didn't achieve the fame/infamy of American Psycho, but it's Bret Easton Ellis' best work.
- •The SpiritJust balls to the wall ludicrousness delivered by beautiful actors.
- •JewelI get undeserved scoffs and eye rolls when I play her music.