Our Epic Weekend In The Kitchen (+recipes)
As a wedding gift, we bought our friends a variety of attachments for their Kitchenaid mixer. Soooo obvi we had to spend the weekend w/them to show them how to use the attachments...and make some of our fave recipes. We specifically picked things that 1) are fairly simple, but look impressive & 2) Worked together to make complete meals. Our menu:
- •No-Knead Dutch Oven BreadShaped into a long loaf for use in grilled cheese. http://www.girlversusdough.com/2015/08/13/no-knead-dutch-oven-bread/
- •Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled CheeseUsed Dutch oven bread and freshly grated Gruyere: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/chicken-cordon-bleu-grilled-cheese-sandwiches
- •Salsa Tatemada10 minutes on the grill, 10 minutes to cool, then straight into a blender. Make sure you remove the seeds from the peppers! Makes A TON of salsa so be prepared to freeze leftovers. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/salsa-tatemada
- •New York Style BagelsMakes 8. Slice and freeze extras. http://www.sophisticatedgourmet.com/2009/10/new-york-style-bagel-recipe/
- •Homemade Fettucini PastaMade using the recipe on the back of King Arthur Flour's perfect pasta blend flour.
- •Homemade Sweet Italian & Breakfast Venison SausageBy far the most time consuming part of the day, but totally worth it given how many sausages you'll make. We used these in the carbonara and for breakfast the next day. Freeze extras. Sweet Italian Sausage: http://www.lets-make-sausage.com/sweet-Italian-sausage.html Breakfast venison sausage: http://www.lets-make-sausage.com/venison-breakfast-sausage.html
- •Fettuccini Carbonara w/Sausage and PancettaAdapted this recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/linguine-carbonara-1 Used fettuccini instead of linguine and pancetta and homemade Italian sausage instead of center it bacon.
- •Homemade Whipped Cream w/BerriesAlton Brown's recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/whipped-cream-recipe.html
- •Breakfast Sausage SandwichesHomemade bagels + leftover ground breakfast sausage meat shaped into patties + egg + cheese = A totally droolworthy breakfast sandwich.
- •Special equipment used:Blender, Grill, Kitchenaid Sausage Stuffer attachment, Kitchenaid Meat Grinder attachment, Kitchenaid mixer dough hook, Kitchenaid whisk, cookie sheets & silpats, digital kitchen scale, pasta roller with fettuccini cutting attachment, plastic dough rising bucket, dough scraper, and sheep & pig casings.