WHAT I MADE FOR DINNER LAST WEEK (1/4/16 -1/9/16)
I'm on a mission to try new recipes and maybe even learn to like fish this year. Here's what my boyfriend and I tried last week.
- •Spinach Salad w/Canadian Bacon and Poached EggsVerdict: Way too much onion, probably better as a side salad, but would try again. (Recipe from Cooking Light's Quick Cook cookbook, pg. 85)
- •Cajun Steak Frites w/KaleVerdict: Spicer than we expected, but really good. Even the kale was great and neither of us usually enjoy cooked greens. (Recipe by Cooking Light: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/cajun-steak-frites-with-kale)
- •Bucatini w/Peas & Pancetta (and side of green beans)Verdict: Probably our favorite recipe of the whole week. Made four servings, perfect for leftovers the next day. We were skeptical of the way the recipe had us cook the peas but they were so good. (Recipe by Cooking Light: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/bucatini-with-green-peas)
- •Blackened Tilapia Baja TacosVerdict: I LIKED THEM. This is huge. For years I've sworn off eating seafood. Partially because it creeps me out, but mostly because I've just never found a fish recipe that I actually like. These tacos were GREAT. We added a cilantro slaw from a different taco recipe (romaine & cilantro tossed w/oil and a pinch of salt) just bc the tacos were a little bare otherwise. But I will 100% eat these again. 🌮 (Recipe by Cooking Light: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/blackened-tilapia-baja-tacos)
- •Also, I made focaccia bread. Just cuz.Verdict: Like all bread, it's delicious. (Recipe by King Arthur Flour).