WHAT WE MADE FOR DINNER (2/1 - 2/7)
Ok so I was traveling last week and not on top of my recipe planning because I was in San Juan and not, you know, in our kitchen. But I'm home this week and we're back to cooking new recipes. Here we go!
- •Monday: Honey-lime drumsticks with brown rice and snow peasVerdict: Rice was more flavorful than expected but still a little bland. Chicken drumsticks were totally drool worthy and amazing. I'm not a huge fan of drumsticks, anything on the bone kind of creeps me out, but it was so good and required minimum prep. Recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/honey-lime-drumsticks-snow-peas-brown-rice
- •Tuesday: Thai Chicken Salad w/Peanut DressingVerdict: 👍 As far as hearty salads go this is one of my faves. Might be better as a side salad though. The peanut flavor isn't too overwhelming and making the chicken breast the night before saved lots of prep time. Recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/thai-chicken-salad-with-peanut
- •Wednesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka MasalaAccording to the recipe this should've been whole chicken thighs in a tomato sauce. Ours is more...shredded chicken and big chunks of chicken skin in sauce with parsley instead of cilantro because oops we bought the wrong thing and in our defense parsley and cilantro look similar. THAT SAID, it doesn't taste bad...but it is our least fave of the new recipes we've tried so far. I don't recommend it but in case you're feeling wild: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-tikka-masala
- •Thursday: Linguine CarbonaraTechnically we cheated for this one, we've made it before and it's one of our favorite new recipes from last year. But after last night's disastrous tikka masala debacle we didn't have leftovers like we had planned and needed something that was quick and required minimal ingredients. Carbonara it is! Recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/linguine-carbonara-0
- •Friday: No-Knead Dutch Oven BreadWe went out for dinner, but that didn't stop me from breaking in our new Dutch oven with this loaf of bread. Super easy to make - the hardest part is being patient while the dough rises for 8+ hours. Recipe: http://www.girlversusdough.com/2015/08/13/no-knead-dutch-oven-bread/
- •Saturday: Prosciutto & Sage Wrapped Mahi-Mahi-MahiMy mission to learn to like fish in 2016 continues. I was hesitant about this recipe because, unlike the fish tacos from last month, this is a whole filet of fish. Having eaten it (and I did eat all of it) I'm still squicked out by the concept of eating fish and had to mind-over-matter it at points...but it really was delicious. Would make again for sure. Recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/prosciutto-sage-wrapped-mahimahi