WHAT WE MADE FOR DINNER (5/2-5/13) + RECIPES YOU SHOULD TRY
We found a lot of new favorites these past two weeks...and two big misses. I'm only including links to recipes I actually recommend because I'm feeling lazy like that. 🍽
- •Spicy Chorizo Shepherd's PieI'm so glad this makes a whole 12" cast-iron skillet's worth of food because it was so good I will happily eat it for the next 3-5 days and be sad I can't eat it for more. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/spicy-shepherds-pie-with-chorizo.html
- •Chicken & Artichoke Pan SauceYO. YO. YO. This. Was. FANTASTIC. Pretty simple, one pan dish and the flavor was out of this world. So good. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/chicken-artichoke-pan-sauce
- •Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples & Brussels SproutsThis was our second attempt at this recipe and it was just as good as we remembered. Highly recommend trying this yourself. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/pork-chops-sauteed-apples-brussels-sprouts
- •Classic Roast ChickenWe make this probably once a month. It's a 4lb chicken, so it's not that much meat. The night we make it, we eat the legs and thighs, and then we carve the rest of the meat to use in leftovers throughout the week. Then we stick the carcass in the slow cooker to make stock, which we measure out into one and two cup bags and freeze for cooking throughout the month. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/classic-roast-chicken
- •Crispy Chicken with Butter Chive Pasta and BroccoliThis is one of our faaaaaavorite recipes from the past year. The chicken thighs always come out really juicy and crispy and the butter chive angel hair pasta is a delicate side without feeling heavy. The recipe includes a side salad but I decided to toss some broccoli in the pan after I took the chicken out as a veggie component instead. Mostly because I was lazy but also because our lettuce went bad! http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/crispy-chicken-cutlets-butter-chive-pasta
- •Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled CheeseALL TIME FAVE I swear J would make this every day if he could. It's a great way to use up the leftover roast chicken too. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/chicken-cordon-bleu-grilled-cheese-sandwiches
- •Broccoli and Bacon Mac & CheeseThis was...meh. It was REALLY cheesy to the point where it was kind of a big block of cheese with pasta and broccoli stuck in it and the broccoli ended up rather overcooked. It's probably a great dinner for kids, but to us it just felt kind of heavy and dense and flat.
- •Middle Eastern Chicken & Chickpea StewOur least favorite of the week. The chickpeas were hard and bland and it just felt flat overall. It wasn't bad, but we prob won't be making it again.