WHAT WE MADE FOR DINNER LAST WEEK (2/13-2/18)
Lots of Blue Apron this week!
- •Seared Chicken & Mashed Potatoes w/Maple-Glazed CarrotsRecipe: Blue Apron. Verdict: Made more dishes than we expected. Yummy tho!
- •Homemade pita bread and homemade hummus 🎉I got my boyfriend Alton Brown's Good Eats Vol. 3 cookbook for Valentine's Day. He decided to make hummus from scratch (including slow cooking the garbanzo beans), so obvi I had to make homemade pita to go with it. The consistency and flavor of homemade hummus is so superior to store-bought, idk if I can ever do store-bought again. Pita: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/golden-pita-bread-recipe Hummus: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/hummus-for-real-recipe.html
- •Lebanese Lamb & Beef Arayes with Roasted Broccoli and LabnehThis was one of the better BA recipes we've gotten in a while. The lamb and pita was great but the Labneh was a little heavy on the lemon. Roasted broccoli was a revelation. The stalks were meh but the crowns were amazing, super crunchy and flavorful. Recipe: Blue Apron
- •Fresh Beet Linguine w/Goat Cheese, Swiss Chard, and Toasted WalnutsOops, I was covering The Grammys for work while eating dinner and forgot to take a picture of tonight's meal before I ate it. It was good! I liked the beet linguine a lot, the lemon was a bit extra (as is often the case with Blue Apron) but the rest of it was good.
- •Pan Seared Chicken with Pecan Scallion GremolataI don't know what I thought a gremolata was but I definitely expected something herbier and sharper than what we ended up with. J forgot to add the parmesan, which definitely would've cut the acidity, but it's still really good. Would make again for sure, though...with different expectations. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/pan-seared-chicken-pecan-scallion-gremolata
- •Alton Brown's PaellaThis is my boyfriend's specialty. He makes it all the time with chicken thighs and sausage. It never fails to impress, and it's GREAT for lots of leftovers. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/paella-recipe.html