WHAT WE MADE FOR DINNER LAST WEEK (3/21-3/25)
This week was nutty and we kept forgetting to buy certain ingredients so we only ended up with 4 new recipes this week (the tacos are an old fave). Sorry for the delay in posting, we were traveling and I forgot to update!
- •Ancho Chile Chicken TacosWe adapted one of our fave taco recipes tonight — usually this goes with an avocado cream sauce and a cilantro slaw but we didn't have avocados or cilantro or scallions so I made a lime sour cream sauce, and instead of cilantro slaw I used thinly sliced romaine and shallots. Can't go wrong here. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/ancho-chicken-tacos
- •Grilled Lamb Kufta Kebabs & Grilled and Dilled corn on the cobShockingly easy to make! The kebabs had a nice heat to them and I made a yogurt dill sauce to dip them in. The corn was good, also had a bit of heat to it. Perfect way to kick off our grilling for the year.
- •Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples and Brussels SproutsDuuuuuuude this was so good. Sweet without being saccharine. The apples were 💯 and the sauce helps cut the bitterness of the char on the Brussels sprouts. Highly recommend, though it leaves one hell of a sticky mess in your pans. http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/pork-chops-sauteed-apples-brussels-sprouts
- •The "We're Here, We're Gruyere, Get Used To It" Burger from the Bob's Burgers cookbook💯💯💯💯💯💯 We've been on a real Gruyere kick lately, ever since J discovered it in the chicken cordon bleu grilled cheese recipe from a few weeks ago and this burger made great use of it. Pretzel bun with au jus, burger seasoned with French onion soup mix, topped with caramelized onions and lots and lots of Gruyere. Incredibly rich and heavy but ohhhh so goooood.
- •Waffle Iron Turkey Melt PaniniThis grilled cheese has turkey, Colby-jack cheese, and thin slices of green apple in it. And it. Is. Bomb. 😎 Bread without holes is key, and if you can get a round loaf or make two sandwiches at once you'll keep the amount of waffle iron cleanup to a minimum. We used a Belgian iron but it prob would've been easier with a more subtle waffler. 😂 http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/waffle-iron-turkey-melt-panini