Top 10 Words My Vegan Boyfriend Is Tired of Seeing in Vegan Recipes
He thinks he's the most agreeable/easy-to-accommodate vegan ever. Spoiler Alert: he isn't.
- •10. Nutritional YeastAgreed—too bougie.
- •9. CasserolePinterest has really classed-up the casserole and he's just stubborn. I'll make a casserole dish and just call it something different like "hash" or "I'm not a short order cook" so he shuts up and eats it.
- •8. SaladWhat kind of vegan doesn't like salad???
- •7. PeanutI'm not allowed to kiss him after eating my favorite snack of peanut butter pretzels unless I've brushed my teeth.
- •6. Coconut milk/oilSuper versatile ingredient/substitute. He imagines everything will smell like coconuts which grosses him out.
- •5. Cashew CheeseThis sounds gross. Some vegan cheeses are good but I don't want cheese made out of cashews.
- •4. VeganaiseI approve of this one. I hate mayonnaise and we don't need a weird vegan substitute.
- •3. AioliHe thinks it's "too trendy."
- •2. AvocadoAs a Southern California native, his disgust over avocados is deeply unsettling.
- •1. CreamyHow much more picky can he become???