HOMEMADE BAKED APPLE CIDER DONUTS
Found a recipe online but I tweaked it a bit. Note: you'll need a donut pan.
- •Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- •In a small pot melt 3 tbsp. unsalted butter & stir in 1/3 cup of apple cider. Set aside to cool.
- •Whisk together 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp. of baking powder, a tad of sea salt (that's a real unit of measurement), 1 tsp. cinnamon, & 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg in a medium bowl.If you have Trader Joe's pumpkin pie spice (or all of the following ingredients), substitute it for the cinnamon and nutmeg! It's a blend of cinnamon and nutmeg, ginger, lemon, cloves, and cardamom.
- •Whisk 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tbsp. of honey, and an egg into cooled butter/cider mixture until evenly combined.
- •Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Don't over-mix.
- •Coat donut pan with vegetable oil and spoon batter evenly into the pan.That's a donut pan.
- •Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for about a couple minutes.
- •Meanwhile, melt 3 tbsp. butter & stir in 1/4 cup cider. In a bowl (or on a plate) mix together 1/3 cup of sugar and 2 tsp. of cinnamon.Again, use the pumpkin pie spice here!
- •Dip each donut in butter/cider and coat with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place em on a cooling rack or parchment paper and voilà! Donuts.
- •Melissa's vanilla bean donuts: http://www.thefauxmartha.com/2013/05/29/sponsored-video-vanilla-bean-baked-donuts/