THINGS GRAD SCHOOL IS TEACHING ME
- •Friendship is super important in grad school.The people in my cohort are some of my best friends. We are hella tight and it makes surviving and staying sane that much easier. For those of you who are competitive little shits, don't sabotage people. It's not like y'all are competing for a finite number of degrees. Also, these people will be your future colleagues. Kind of early to burn bridges, don't you think?
- •Academia is not for everyone.If you love it, you love it. If you don't, it ain't worth it.
- •I love academia.Despite my better judgement.
- •With proper motivation, you can kind of do anything.I've fit more stuff into less time than ever before in my life.
- •Literally the only way to get shit done is to do it.Should it have taken me this long to really learn this lesson? No, no it shouldn't have.