ADVICE I WISH I DID NOT PERSONALLY KNOW TO BE SO IMPORTANT
Presented without backstory, or the face I think of with each. Sorry for the morbidity; this is what came to mind last night after I added #1 to the list.
- 1.Always, always think of your child before getting out of your car on a hot day.
- 2.If you say no, and you mean no, and you can leave, you should leave.
- 3.Tide pods look exactly like candy to children.
- 4.When someone tells you they don't want to be in a relationship with you, believe them (no matter how much they love you and you love them).
- 5.An infant needs their own space to sleep, whether attached to their parents' bed or their own crib.
- 6.It's best to slowly wean off most medications that have been taken on a daily basis, particularly narcotics and anti-depressants.
- 7.Never leave a toddler unsupervised near Cup of Noodles.
- 8.If you witness a crime, hide the fact that you are calling 911 from the perpetrator.
- 9.Anyone who takes care of a child needs to be told not to shake them when they're frustrated -- it's usually a babysitter or family member who does it, not mom or dad.
- 10.People are truly awful to one another.