GOOD VEGETABLES TO BUY IN BULK
True Life: I'm Addicted to Costco But I Live Alone
- •Brussel SproutsThese suckers last forever and if they start getting black on the ends, you can just cut that part off.
- •CucumbersThe long ones that double as a sword and are wrapped 8 times in cellophane. Not the adorable little mini ones. Those go bad in like 3 days.
- •Butternut squashThis is also just one of the best vegetables to buy, period. So versatile! @gabimoskowitz has a wonderful list of all the things you can do with it (that I screenshotted months ago 😬).
- •Spaghetti squashSpoiler alert: it tastes nothing like spaghetti.
- •Really, all gourdsDid you know that cucumber is technically a gourd?
- •BeetsFun fact: Betanin is the protein that makes your pee/poo red. It is used in lots of other foods (ie tomato paste, breakfast cereals) to make stuff red.
- •Baby carrotsThis requires a callous disregard for expiration dates but I have yet to die from it soooo I think it's fine.
- •Sweet Kale Salad MixI don't know how but that shit stays good forever.
- •Celery (h/t @gwcoffey)Just stick it in a plastic baggie with ice cubes and even if it's dead, you will zombie it and it comes back to life.
- •These Magic BagsThese make vegetables last for weeks and weeks in the fridge! It has been a total game-changer for me. I bought them in bulk on Amazon, they are reusable, they kind of last forever. (Just like your veggies!)Suggested by @maya