PERSONAS I LIKE TO INHABIT WHEN FREE OF ALL PROFESSIONAL AND SOCIAL OBLIGATIONS
- •Important but exhausted businesswomanWhen traveling via plane, drinking at bar, looking despondently at persistently buzzing phone (it is usually @sam or my mom but nobody else gotta know that).
- •Mom of three young kids on **~HoLiDaY~**When drunk and interacting with other parents. "He's about two and a half years, ya? Ugh, such a fun age."
- •Eccentric rich old ladyWhen home in billowy pj pants and oversized dolman shirt (outfit is essential here), watering plants.
- •Dog walkerWhen walking my friends dog. Technically not inaccurate.
- •Former Broadway singer who now lives a conventional lifeWhen driving and that song (you know, THAT song) comes on at a stoplight and someone catches me singing and I give them a wistful smile.
- •Very cool girl who is super into footballWhen eating dinner alone at a pub and watching the games (to be fair, I know enough to sell this one).
- •Non-tourist going about my daily businessWhen in a new city or country, walking with purpose, speaking as little as possible to keep up the charade.
- •Waiter on my day offWhen someone is being a jerk at a restaurant and I catch the waiter's attention, roll my eyes knowingly, then overtip.