SONGS I SING WHEN ALONE THAT MAKE ME THINK I AM VERY GOOD AT SINGING
A small sampling. List idea grabbed from @nina (and coming to a list request near you, friends and family). As you can tell, I think I have a sultry deep voice and also I have no absolutely no self-respect. PS I have a terrible voice.
- •On My Own - Les MiserablesObviously, the OG.
- •Stay - RihannaThere is a deeply delusional part of me that thinks I'm actually hitting these notes.
- •You Gotta Be - DesreeSing/talk. Still does not mean I am even remotely on key.
- •Everytime - Britney SpearsI went through a pretty protracted phase where I aspired to BE Britney Spears, so just trying to sound like her is at least forgivable (damning with faint praise).
- •Goodbye - Who is FancyCan't even mock myself because this song is too satisfying to sing ("I know that I will find somebody you will never find nobody else li-yike meeeeeeeee yeeeheyyaaah.")
- •Sparks Fly - Taylor SwiftI somehow think I am also a country singer and sing this with a heavy Southern accent?
- •Samson - Regina SpektorIt's actually criminal that I ruin this song with my voice.
- •Laura - Scissor SistersBonus: I also sing the musical interludes. Without instruments! All from my mouth.
- •Song for the Rich - Tristan PrettymanIn this alternative universe, I am both a good singer AND I have a close friend in rehab.
- •Hey, Hey - DispatchHoldover from high school. If you turn it up loud enough, you can't entirely hear how bad I sound.
- •Skyscraper - Demi LovatoLIKE A SKYEEEESCRAYPAAAAAAAAHHHH
- •Rivers and Roads - The Head and The HeartIt's the harmonizing, see.