SPECIAL (NON-EXOTIC) TALENTS I LONG TO HAVE
I'm good at plenty of stuff, but that's mostly useful for making a funny list of "talents" that's self-deprecating but adorable and then we can all laugh and be like hahahah, Sally! But I dream of "shock my new boyfriend with this hidden talent" talents, of "blow everyone away at the talent show" talents, of "I never would have guessed!" talents.
- •Being really good at those "guess how many" jarsI could win so many candies!!!!
- •Fixing carsVery practical and ALSO very cool-girl, bandana on the head, grease on the cheek.
- •Superb gift-wrappingThis falls under a larger umbrella of "crafting skills I covet in others," but is the most useful of that genre.
- •Knowing loads of baseball statsWould be v impressive and possibly could contribute to a great real life rom-com storyline.
- •Ice skating twirlingIt's always the pretty girls that can do figure skating stuff, as opposed to my signature move, clutching the wall.
- •Playing accordionA+ talent show fodder.
- •Tying a cherry stem into a knot with my tongueA quick, easily demonstrated talent that's also like wink wink sexy. I would kill for this one.
- •Making mash-upsLike Beca in Pitch Perfect. I could even spell my name Saly if it helps with street cred.
- •Vague but accurate sketchingNot like fussy, super good drawing, but just a super casual sweep of the pencil and you can totally tell what it is. Need me to sketch your dream wedding cake? Sure. Want me to envision a floor plan? Easy, lemme just draw that out real quick. Need a schematic of how an event will go? Duh. "Oh it's just something I've always been good at."
- •A beautiful singing voice (most notably for the purpose of singing "On My Own" at a talent show, dazzling a potential/previous/currently complicated beau)You guys have no idea how prominently this has figured into the majority of my Exercise Distraction Daydreams. Did I crib this directly from Dawson's Creek? Yup. Do I care? Not one bit.