THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TODAY AT WORK THAT HAVE MADE ME CHEESE OUT HARDCORE
I'm working a 24 hr+ shift today and it's just been a non-stop squee-fest (except the gross medicine, of course).
- •Two patients who are best buddies set up a "hospital" for their dolls.One of them told the other that the dolls weren't going to do well if she didn't pay enough attention to them.
- •A very cute 3 year old snuck up next to the attending who was sitting down, tugged her sleeve, and told the her that she LOVED her coat.It was a white coat. She also identified the character on her dress as Ninderella.
- •A 1 year old who is on contact precautions was being walked down the hallway by his 6 year old lady friend, who was decked out in full plastic isolation gown and gloves so she could hold his hand.Like, cmon.
- •An alllllllmost 5 year old squealed and made his play-doh man run away from the play-doh dinosaur I had hastily constructed, without missing a beat or needing an explanation.Kids, man.
- •AND YOU GUYS TONIGHT IS HOSPITAL PROM.If this was Grey's, it would mean I look super hot and might be getting laid. Instead, I'm in dirty scrubs and a track jacket with my name on it and I've been prank paging people to ask them to prom all day. Because hospital prom is actually for the teenagers, not us.
- •A bunch of hair and makeup professionals donated their time and have turned our usual conference room into a super legit salon.The wine in the background is for parents, they are NOT allowed at Prom.
- •Here is the red carpet entrance.
- •There is a photo booth.With props.
- •And a guy doing caricatures.
- •AND A SMOKE MACHINE AND LASERS AND DAAAAANCING.
- •And fashion!
- •And best of all, prom poses!#privacycrop